19 Things Only Budgeters Understand
It’s National Budgeters-Are-Awesome Month! Okay, we made that up.
But we’re going to celebrate anyway because you’re part of the 39% of Americans who budget and track their spending. That makes you a rare breed of awesome. And we salute you!
In honor of your diligence and hard work, we made a list just for you. Here are 19 things only budgeters can relate to. (Now, let’s get the other 61% on board with your awesomeness!)
- One of your favorite date nights is budget night. Because it usually means you’re planning for all the other date nights to come!
- You’re not reading text messages—you’re checking your budget. But you’ll get back to texting as soon as you see how much is in the restaurant budget for tonight’s impromptu dinner invite.
- Your friends and family ask you for money advice.
- You sleep on big purchases before you buy. It’s amazing the clarity 24 hours can bring.
- Your pet has his own emergency fund. You’re thankful it’s there just in case Chi-Chi the Chihuahua has a repeat performance with the M&Ms.
- You’re immune to infomercials. Now, they’re just an excuse to eat popcorn and laugh.
- You make a meal plan before you a make a grocery list. Cheetos and Haagen Dazs don’t mysteriously jump into your cart anymore. At least not every time...
- If you can’t afford it today, you start saving for it tomorrow.
- Overdraft fees? What are those again?
- You’re already saving for next year’s vacation—and next year’s vacation swimsuit.
- You check your food budget before picking restaurants. You’d rather divvy up your money between a few outings, rather than spend it all at once.
- You’re an All-Star comparison shopper. We’re talking Major League here.
- You don’t ever feel guilty about spending your money. It’s in the budget.
- You actually enjoy Christmas because you saved up for it. Now, if only you could figure out how to budget more time into your favorite holiday.
- You don’t freak out when your water heater goes out. You use your emergency fund and then enjoy a nice long bubble bath.
- You get excited when your budget balances perfectly the first time. Man, you’re good.
- The Amazon one-click button doesn’t work on you.
- You have a dedicated Giving Fund. It feels so good to be able to help others with your money.
- And most importantly: You don’t stress out about money anymore, because you know you have some!
Happy Budgeters-Are-Awesome Month! We’re making this a thing.
Want to join this awesome celebration? Create a free EveryDollar budget and see what all the fuss is about.